I. Ziros S.A. was founded in Greece in 1980.
Its main focus always being ground-breaking design and an emphasis in the use of modern materials, the company is now a renowned and well established fashion design leader in the fields of Underwear - Homewear - Lingerie - Swimwear and Beachwear Ziros products are marketed internationally under the brand names "Yiannis Ziros", "Serpente" and "Undercotton".
Chronological landmarks of the company:
1980 - I. Ziros S.A. is founded.
1981 - Creation of the "Serpente" Lingerie collection.
1983 - Creation of the "Turquoise" Lingerie collection.
1984 - Creation of the "Daily's" Underwear collection for women.
1990 - Creation of the "Yiannis Ziros" Underwear collection for men. with an emphasis in the innovative design and excellent quality
1992 - Creation of the "Yiannis Ziros" Homewear collection for men
1994 - Creation of the "Yiannis Ziros" Homewear collection for women
The company is awarded its IS0 9002 certification and becomes the first one in the field that is ISO 9002 certified.
1995 - Creation of the "Yiannis Ziros" Swimwear for men, characterized by statement making, new materials and innovative design.
- Creation of the "Serpente" Beachwear collection for women
1996 - Completion of the company's industrial plant at B.I.P.E. in Xanthe, equipped with the latest fully automated apparatus following an investment of US$5.8m.
- The subsidiary company "Ippos" is founded with its Headquarters in Belgium, thus expanding the sales network to Belgium, France, Holland and Luxemburg.
1997 - Creation of the "Yiannis Ziros" Beachwear for men
- Creation of the "Yiannis Ziros" Beachwear for women
- New offices and showrooms in Thessaloniki and Xanthe
- After an EU initiative, the company is awarded for its excellence by The Chamber of Commerce of Xanthe.
- The company is awarded the 1st prize for best design and product quality during the Paris International Exhibition
1998 - Creation of the Underwear and Homewear collections for men under the brand name "Undercotton", targeting a larger consumer base by combining quality with affordable prices.
- New offices and showroom in Heraklion, Crete.
- The company is awarded the Oscar du Textile award during the Paris International Exhibition.
- The company is awarded a prize from the European Business Union
- The company features on the front cover of the French magazine
1999 - Creation of the "Yiannis Ziros" swimwear for women.
- Creation of the "Yiannis Ziros" sock collection for men.
- Exclusive distributors for the Greek market of the Byblos Swimwear and Underwear for men and women.
- New offices and showroom in Larissa.
2000 - Creation of the "Yiannis Ziros" collection of Underwear for women applying a new design approach characterized by an emphasis in new materials.
- A co-operation with the renowned Italian Imec s.p.a. of the Carvico Group is started aiming at the distribution of the "Yiannis Ziros" collections for men in the Italian market and the distribution of the "Imec", "Peach tree" and "Sylvia Mantegna" products in the Greek market.